Sunday, October 11, 2009

Group Show at North Seattle Community College

I've been asked to participate in a show called "Shrunken Treasures" at the Gallery at North Seattle Community College. It's a show of small works and miniatures, (all work must be 12 x 12 inches or smaller). For Small Works, I'll have two colored pencil drawings on film, and two on paper. I will also have five Miniatures, three in colored pencil on paper, from my Italian Landscape Series, and two other works done in colored pencil on film. Together they should provide a nice grouping. The show runs from October 13th through November 6th. There will be an opening reception on Tuesday, October 13th from 1 - 3pm and again, from 6 - 8pm. I"ll be attending the evening reception, 6 - 8 pm. The Gallery is located in room IB 1322, the address is 9600 College Way N, Seattle. I hope to see you there!

This is proof that having a website and blog are helpful. Brenda Anderson, the curator for the gallery saw my work on my website. When Brenda contacted me for this show, she wrote in her email...
"We are a small Art Gallery on the North Seattle Community College campus. Our main purpose is to expose the students and local community to art. We strive to have professional shows that allow students to see work they may not otherwise venture out to see. We also have a wonderful art program on campus and the gallery is an important part of those students' education. We have 6 art shows every year, 5 professional and one student show for the art students to showcase their work."

I am honored to be a part of this exhibition. I know that community college gave me a place to explore and further my art interests. I gained confidence in myself, my work and met many a mentor at both Valencia Community College in Orlando, Fl and Cabrillo Community College in Aptos, CA. Community colleges are a great resource for adults as well as students.

Parking and Directions: If you are coming from I-5, you will get off at the Northgate exit and head west on Northgate Way. Turn left onto Meridian Way, it will turn into College Way. When you get to the campus, you want to turn left into the 2nd drive/entrance. You will come to a "T", turn right for visitor parking. If you somehow get lost on campus, look for the Bookstore. The gallery is in the same building, directly behind the bookstore.

4 comments:

Gina B said...

When I saw the website for NSCC, I thought it looked like nice. The lighting looked really good and the space overall seemed open and airy.

Sometimes I wish I could enter shows with you and then we could go together. :) Even if I just visited and went to one you entered, that would be fun too.

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Hi Gina,

Wow, that would be really something! I would love that! I'll be sure to let you know when the Edmonds Arts Festival prospectus comes out. You can download that and enter online. Then you ship your work when it's accepted or you could always bring it. : )They have an artisan category. I think I have seen mosaic as fine art in this show. It's a weekend festival that starts on a Thurs and ends on Sunday.

Tatiana said...

Congratulations, Barbara! You works are wonderful, no wonder, they always getting accepted. I'm learning a lot from you and you experience you sharing on your blog! Thank you again for all your help!

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thank you Tatiana. I'm glad you are finding what I have to say and show helpful. Just keep doing your art!