Sunday, May 30, 2010

Waterfront Wednesday, STUDIO 206, Mukilteo WA

A Good Year for Olives ©Barbara A. Freeman
Acrylic on Canvas, 16" x 20"

Mark your calendars for Waterfront Wednesdays in Oldtown Mukilteo starting this Wednesday, June 2nd. Be sure to stop by Studio 206 in the Art Building. ... Artist Roxanne Jaross in Studio 206 will be sharing the gallery space next to her fabulous studio with artist friend, Janie Olsen and myself. We will be showing a selection of our work for the month of June. In addition to the Art Building tour and glass blowing demo, there's the Farmers' Market, Open Mic Night at the Red Cup Cafe, and a lot of other great happenings. Click on Waterfront Wednesdays for the link on times, events list, and directions.

Be sure to come by Studio 206 and say hello! We'll all be there and would love to see you too! A big thanks to Roxanne for putting the gallery space together so quickly and also to Lyussy Hyder for all her help and the moblile photos, even though I have my eyes closed!! I'll be having three canvas works there from my Italian Hills Series. One of all of us will be there from 4 - 8pm every Wed during the Waterfront Wednesdays. Come join the fun, rain or shine!!

10 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Barbara---thanks for the write-up! Looking forward to Wednesday---should be fun see you then :)

Tracy Hall said...

Best of luck with the show Barbara!

Autumn Leaves said...

A beautiful painting here, Barbara, and a large canvas for you, yes? Good luck with your gallery exhibition as well! (I remember when I coached volleyball and softball at my daughters' school (in University Place), we traveled to Mukilteo for a couple of games. Not remembering it being a waterfront community as I thought it was a mountain community. Then again, it has been just about 10 years since I moved back to IL so my memories are turning nebulous too...

Unknown said...

I love when you combine your signature blues and greens in these landscapes as you do - such a lovely combination of hues and love the detail!!!

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks Tracy,Karen and Sherry! I used to paint large canvases, as large as 3' x 5', but usually around 30" x 40". They are much harder to transport or ship, or store! See you this evening Janie!

Sherry, Mukilteo has a ferry stop. Maybe it didn't when you were here? Or perhaps you didn't go into the Oldtown part which is on the waterfront.

Anyone know how to delete a comment once it's been published? I get the nonsense comments with links on them and always reject them. The first comment (above), slipped through. I can't seem to delete it now that it's been published, and there is an active link that I certainly would not advise anyone to click on it! Gerrrrrr

Gail Hayton said...

Wow, just went into your website to see all the works you will have in the gallery. What wonderful paintings! Your vineyard pieces are my favorite.

Autumn Leaves said...

I think when you look at the comments after they are posted, you see a little garbage can on the bottom of the comment (only on your own blog can you see this). Click the garbage can on that particular comment and it gets rid of it. (I've deleted similar comments and for the same reason. Not sure if your blog host works this way, but blogspot does...)

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks Gail!

Debra Keirce said...

Your style is so distinctive, and your work always amazes!

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks Deb!