Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mom Illuminated, Happy Mothers' Day!

In honor of Mothers' Day I thought I'd share the new miniature art piece I did for my Mom and Mom-in-law. I tried to figure out a way to do one and then transfer a copy for the second one. I tried several things, but for whatever reason, the ink from my copier didn't want to transfer to the gesso. After printing on several different surfaces, I printed my image on to a piece of Stonehenge paper which looked the best. I then painted over the top of the image, repainting the whole thing, but it was much easier because I had the basic colors already in place. The paper was very absorbent and created a soft almost pastel look. There are even some things I liked better about the second work as compared to the first. I was satisfied with the way they both worked out. The second one looks brighter, and it was a bit more than the first, but it was also a sunny day when I did the photo shoot. Anyway, I think both Mom's will be happy.

Mom Illuminated, © Barbara A. Freeman
3 5/8" x 3 5/8" Acrylic on Strathmore Illustration Board


Mom Illuminated, Framed © Barbara A. Freeman
3 5/8" x 3 5/8" Acrylic on Strathmore Illustration Board

Mom Illuminated II, © Barbara A. Freeman
3 5/8" x 3 5/8" Acrylic on Stonehenge Paper

5 comments:

Mona Diane Conner said...

Lucky Moms!

Jane said...

They look great and glad I got to see the one you were working on :) happy Moms day to you too!

Autumn Leaves said...

These are beautiful, Barbara. I so love illuminated manuscripts!

Unknown said...

Oh Wow - how lucky are your two Mums - what a fabulous idea and it was fascinating to see another aspect of your beautiful artwork Barbara!!! Happy Mother's Day xx

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thank you! I think they were all happy with them. : )