Saturday, September 19, 2009

TWO Art Openings and Receptions Tonight!

If I could be in two places at once, now would be one of those times. Tonight is the opening reception for the exhibit "Alice in Wonder-Lowell", Fables, Fairy Tales and the Fallout, at the Lowell Art Works, 5205 S. 2nd Ave, in Everett. The opening party, from 4 - 9PM is part of the Everett Art Walk. My two pieces in this show are, Our Neck of the Woods , and The Dwelling Place, be sure to look for them. I'll be there and I'd love to meet you. Arr, and don't forget matey, it's International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Another art opening I'd love to go to is also tonight. It's at the Elder Street Gallery's First Annual International Miniature Art Show, It's a Small World
, in Houston, TX. I won't be able to be there, however, my daughter, Gina will be going. She's so excited because this is the first miniature art show she's ever had the opportunity to see in person and she gets to see Mom's work, I have 5 in this show! She's seen some of my miniature work (owns a couple), and of course seen other shows online. But tonight she will get a close up view of some of the work of the top names in miniature art! I wish I could be there with her. She's also going to take some photos of the reception, so keep a look out as you may see them posted here! The show, It's a Small World, Elder Street Gallery, 1101 Elder Street, Houston is hosting the reception tonight, from 5 - 10 PM. Sounds like a great show, and I know Gina will have a great time!

No comments: