Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Alice in Wonder- Lowell" Local Art Opening

Janie Olsen and Eden Hopkins both told me they were going to submit work to this show, and Janie said she thought my work would fit as well. So I decided to check it out, and took my two pieces, Our Neck of the Woods , and The Dwelling Place , to Lowell Art Works for their show, "Alice in WonderLowell", Fables, Fairy Tales and the Fallout. It's in the SoLo District, south of Lowell Park in Everett's historic Lowell neighborhood, near the railroad tracks and overlooking the Snohomish River. This will be an interesting and very different kind of show for me. I'm not sure if my work will fit with the "fallout" part, but these two works do get one's imagination going. I'm looking forward to it, sounds like a fun time! Lowell Art Works, 5205 S. 2nd Ave., Everett, WA. September 19th through October 11th. Opening party and part of the Everett Art Walk, September 19th, 4 - 9 PM. Gallery hours for the show, Saturdays 1 - 5 PM, and Sundays, 1 - 4 PM. Hope to see you there!

6 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Good luck! I'm really missing Washington so much these days!

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks Autumn. It's getting into the my favorite time of year now. Just a touch of leaves starting to show some color and the temps in the 70's still.

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara---see you at Lowell-should be a fun time and some interesting pieces for sure! Did the Chuckanut drive it was nice and peaceful :) Janie

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Hi Janie, I'll see you on Sat. It should be a very interesting show.

I love the Chuckanut drive. It's so beautiful up there.

Debra Keirce said...

Good luck with the show! I think your work would fit into any show.

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks Deb. They have a lot of themed shows here and sometimes the themes are "out there" for my style of work. This time though, it appears my work fit, at least the "fables and fairy tales" portion. I don't think that they are part of the "fallout" though, especially "Our Neck of the Woods", it's much to happy of an image! Of course, who knows what's behind those doors!