Monday, November 14, 2011

"Lost and Found" - New work and Show at Lowell - "Breasts of the Northwest "V" Dangerous Curves"

Lost and Found ©Barbara A. Freeman 
Acrylic on Gessobord   5 7/8"x 5 7/8" 

This new work is my first acrylic painting in The Wood Nymph Series.  All my other wood nymphs have been drawings on film.  I decided to challenge myself with painting skin tones and wings.  It was fun painting a fantasy figure, and even though she is quite small, I still do not consider this work a miniature work.  I did however, paint it with the same attention to detail as I would paint a miniature.  I have one more coat of varnish to do, then need to have it scanned.  After that, it's off to the framers to have them do their magic.   Lost and Found will be part of my small works submission for the Miniature Masterpieces and More Show at Kaewyn Gallery in December.  Information on that Invitational Show will be my next blog post - coming soon!

On another note, I will have two of my drawings from The Wood Nymph SeriesKeeper of the Sphere and the first one that started it all, The Wood Nymph at Lowell Art Works' exhibit, Breasts of the Northwest "V", Dangerous Curves.  Lowell Art Works  is located at 5205 S. 2nd Ave. in Everett, WA.  The show runs November 19th through January 14, 2012.  Lowell Art Works is part of Everett's Third Saturday Art Walk and will have their Opening bash from 4-9PM, Saturday, November 19th, 2011 during the Art Walk.  Lowell is open later than the other Art Walk venues downtown, so cruise the town and end up at Lowell for a "titillating evening of eye-opening art, refreshment, and scintillating live music supplied by Everett's own Paul Roberts"!  I will be attending and hope to see you there too.  Come on out and join the fun!  Support your local artist!!

No comments: