Tuesday, November 29, 2011

2011 Miniature Masterpieces and More! - Kaewyn Gallery - Bothell WA

 
Lost and Found © Barbara A. Freeman  
 Acrylic on Gessobord   5 7/8"x 5 7/8" 

Just Between You and Me  © Barbara A. Freeman 
Graphite and Mixed Media on Film  6"x 6"

Snail Tales © Barbara A. Freeman 
Graphite and Mixed Media on Film 6"x 6"

The Miniature Masterpieces and More! show opens this Friday, December 2nd at Kaewyn Gallery in Bothell WA.  This year, all of my work in the show is from the series, Wood Nymphs and Other Curiosities that I've been having so much fun with.  I'll have three small works, two drawings and one acrylic painting, which are the latest work in this series in the show.  They are shown above in their frames.  You can also view the work on my website by clicking on a title, or view all the work from this series together at, Wood Nymphs and Other Curiosities. In case you haven't read any of my previous blogs, the series all started when I needed to come up with something to enter in a local show called UNCLAD.  I needed a figure and knew for me it had to be placed in the forest so I came up with the wood nymph figure.  That one led to the next one having wings, when I used my version of the markings of a wood nymph butterfly.  I'm not sure how many more works I'll add to the series, but I know there are still a few (one is on my drawing board at this moment).  Also, the three framed miniatures below in this series, are in the show.  All my miniature art is under 25 inches square.  For further information on fine art miniatures, click on the link for the Association of Miniature ArtistsMiniature Painters, Sculptors, and Gravers Society of Washington D.C. and the Miniature Art Society of Florida.  I am a member of all three.


(Left to right), You Too Shall Have Wings Dreamer, and Moonbathing  
© Barbara A. Freeman
 Each work - Graphite and Mixed Media on Film, 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"

Kaewyn Gallery is located in beautiful downtown Bothell at 10101 Main Street (google map).  They are open Tuesday - Thursday 10 to 6, Friday 10 - 5 and Saturday 10 - 4.   Don't miss Santa!!  He will be at the Gallery on Wed 10 - 2, Thurs 2 - 6 , Fri 1 - 5 and Sat 10 - 2!  It is my 5th year participating in this fine invitational show.  Each year I am amazed by all the beautiful work and look forward to seeing the show.  I hope you also get a chance to see it.  All work is for sale.  These small and miniature artworks make wonderful gifts that will be lasting treasures.  Support your local businesses and your local artists!  Thank you for taking the time to read about my work.  Happy Holidays to all of my blogger friends and friends to be! 

* Kaewyn Gallery will be updating their website for this show soon.  

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara. Oh good luck with your work in the gallery.

They are all so beautiful. I specially like this series of the The wood Nymph.

Stunning work.

Thank you and Happy holidays to you and yours. xx

Gail Hayton said...

Here is hoping for great sales!

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks Dors, Happy Holidays to you too!

Thanks Gail, that would be great¡¡

Unknown said...

I do so love this series Barbara and would love to really study them in person. I hope they do really well for you at the exhition, bringing lots of sales and exposure!!! :)

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks so much Karen.