Friday, August 19, 2011

"The Wood Nymph" accepted in ICON Show at Fraker/Scott Gallery - Seattle

The Wood Nymph © Barbara A. Freeman Graphite and Mixed Media on Film, 8 1/2" x 8"
I am so excited to announce that my graphite drawing, The Wood Nymph was accepted in the Juried, Themed show,  ICON, at Fraker/Scott Gallery in Seattle.  The Opening Night is September 1st, and the gallery will be participating in Pioneer Square -1st Thursday Art Walk, from 5 to 9pm.  The Reception and Awards are Saturday, September 24th from 6 to 8pm.  The show will continue through October 1st.  Fraker/Scott Gallery is located at 121 Prefontaine PL South, Seattle, WA.  I'm really looking forward to being in this show. Hope you can make it too!

6 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Barbara--this is a great piece and really looking forward to this show--and Lowell show too :) see you tomorrow!

Autumn Leaves said...

Congratulations, Barb! Both of this show and the exhibit below! These little wood nymphs make a glorious series!

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Very exciting news Barbara, your picture is really something. Full of great detail and lots of little surprises throughout the picture.

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks Janie and Wendy. I'm looking forward to this show!

I love details, as you can tell, Wendy!

Unknown said...

Best of luck at the show with your precious nymph series Barbara. My goodness when I look at all that foliage in the tress, I think you must have the patience of a saint!!! :)

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks Sherry. For some reason, your comment had slipped by. I'm glad I spotted it. I liked doing the nymphs.

Thanks Karen. I think I did go nuts after the foliage, but not patience, more like obsession!