Friday, June 3, 2011

LiveARTS Bothell Juried Show Acceptance

I've received my letter from the LiveARTS Bothell Juried Art Exhibit and the good news is... ALL my work has been juried in!  Below are the four works in the Miniature Art Category, including the new miniature painting, Mister Pelican, making his debut in this show. 

Mister Pelican © Barbara A. Freeman
Acrylic, 3 1/8" x 2"  Framed
Peek-a-Boo, © Barbara A. Freeman
Acrylic on Claybord, 3 5/8" x 3 5/8"  Framed

A Touch of Autumn, © Barbara A. Freeman
Acrylic on Polymin, 2 1/8" x 3 1/4"  Framed

Moonbathing © Barbara A. Freeman
Graphite and Mixed Media on Film 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" Framed

My two larger works,  The Vernal Arrival of the Green Darner and The Wood Nymph are in the Drawing Category, both done in graphite and mixed media on film.  You can read about the two of them on this blog as a "work in progress" by clicking on each of their titles above.


The Vernal Arrival of the Green Darner © Barbara A. Freeman
Graphite and Mixed Media on Film, 7" x 7"


The Wood Nymph © Barbara A. Freeman
Graphite and Mixed Media on Film, 8 1/2" x 8"

The LiveARTS Bothell show will be taking place on Saturday and Sunday, June 25th and 26th.  The venue is the same place as last year at the new Mobius Hall Gallery on the campus of Cascadia Community College and U.W. Bothell.  There will be a Patron Preview Party on Friday June 24th, from 6:00pm to 8:00pm with the awards presentation at 7:00. Please call for reservations at 425-398-0559 by June 10th. The college is located one mile east of downtown Bothell (directions and map here). The LiveARTS Bothell Art Fair is always great fun, with musical entertainment, great food and ART! There is free garage parking and the festival event will be in the inner courtyard of the wooded campus overlooking its 58-acre North Creek wetland.

This is a great community event and always lots of fun. I hope you can make it. Be sure to look for my work in the new Mobius Hall Gallery. The sun is going to shine that weekend!
~~~
I know I said I was working on a new drawing in silverpoint and would blog about it as a work in progress as soon as I had it finished.  I can with relief say that I did finally get it finished today (Friday) in time to submit it to a local competition!  I will blog about it and show the steps I took, hopefully by Monday!  I need to download the photos, organize and put my watermark and copyright on them.  In the meantime, I thought I'd share a sneak peek image of it. 



Trio, Silverpoint Work in Progress © Barbara A. Freeman

Thank you for taking the time to read about my work and the shows I'm going to be in.   The sun has been out all day and it looks like a beautiful weekend here.  I hope you are all enjoying your spring or whatever your weather is, in what ever part of the universe you reside!

5 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Congratulations Barb! No surprise to me though. Isn't this Bothell show the one your friend had a work stolen from her car last year? At any rate, I know your work will be enjoyed by many, for it is, as always, exquisitely rendered and oh so beautiful!

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks Sherry.

No, Janie's work was stolen from her car while she was taking down her work from one of the buildings in Lake Stevens. The folks in the building helped look for it, but it was gone. It never did turn up :(

Unknown said...

Do you ever get a work not juried in Barbara? It seems that all the works you enter always get accepted and I think I would fall off my chair if you ever had one not juried in!!! This new one looks really fascinating!!! :)

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Yes, Karen, I have gotten work rejected. It does happen. I do try not to take it hard as the work does get in other shows and sells. We all have to remember that it is just the opinion of the juror/s and they change each year. But still I keep my fingers crossed and try to stay positive!!

Jane said...

Mister Pelican is jut the best---If I were the Judge 1st place from me!!! and your drawings in the larger category both superb!!! I really love the both of them.
I really look forward to the show and see you there :)---and correct it was Lake Stevens that my work was stolen :(--I wonder where it is???