Thursday, July 29, 2010

Group Show at Meyers Cafe at the Marina


A Meditation on the Pacific Northwest, © Barbara A. Freeman
Acrylic on Gessobord, 5 1/2" x 5 1/2"

I will be participating in a group show curated by Everett artist Shannon Leah Danks at Meyers Cafe, 1700 West Marine View Drive, at the Marina in Everett, WA, (425) 259-3875. It will be an eclectic mix of works from many local artists. The work I contributed is my Buddha painting, A Meditation on the Pacific Northwest. I'm not sure who all the other artists are that will be in this exhibit, but I do know that Janie Olsen and Eden Hopkins have both contributed work. When I asked Shannon what she needed, she said,
"the group show is very eclectic...whatever you want to display is what i want."
I thank Shannon for putting this together! All work is for sale so go have lunch or brunch at the beautiful marina and support your local artist! Oh, and if you go on Sunday, you can enjoy fresh veggies, flowers and more from the Farmers' Market, all taking place at the Marina!

As to other things... I know I've been absent for too long here. I have been busy trying to get new work done for the deadlines for the miniature shows I do every year, MPSGS in Washington, DC, MASF in Florida and a local invitational Holiday Show at Kaewyn Gallery. There will be other small shows and festivals that I will be submitting work to that are coming up as well. I will be posting all the shows that I will be in as they come up. I will be gone for a bit more than a week in September to make a much needed trip to visit family in IN. Then hopefully sometime in the beginning of the new year my husband and I, along with our daughter Gina, will be visiting family in FL. Both our parents have been dealing with illness so we want to make the trips to spend some time together. Also it will be great to see Gina again! We are in touch everyday via IM and Facebook, but it sure doesn't make up for real hugs! Until next time, thanks for taking the time to read about my work and sometimes other things.

5 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Barb, the "other things" is what makes the blogging artists such fun for me. Helps me to feel as though I am making a few real friends. I hope your upcoming trips are full of joy for you and your husband and the rest of your families. Where in IN will you be? If possible, maybe I can meet you for lunch somewhere (I live in IL) and put a real face to your beautiful works! 'Course, both IL and IN are big states so it would depend on driving distance but it would be fun to meet an artist blogging buddy and maybe even see one of your pieces live and in person!! Anyway, I wish you much success with your upcoming shows!

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Hi Sherry, and thanks. I too feel that my blogger friends are like my "real" friends and enjoy the interaction.

I'm not sure what our schedule is yet,but we could exchange emails and see if our timing and locations cross. My email is on my profile page. Thank you for your support! : )

Debra Keirce said...

Have fun at the show Barbara! I'm painting a collection of buddhas right now that I photographed a The Walters Museum in Baltimore recently. I got my free Dura-Lar sheets today from Grafix for doing that survey - Weren't you just asking me about them?

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks Deb. Yes, it was me asking. Not gotten mine yet. Have fun with your Buddhas. I loved doing mine.

Debra Keirce said...

My buddhas are making me nutty Barbara - It is an experiment (unintentionally) on how small is too small for a miniature painting. Lesson learned - only put one or two buddhas in a painting - not 8. If you travel anywhere near northern VA, look me up! Safe travels!