Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"$2.00/bunch" Art of the Garden Exhibit - Arts Council of Snohomish County

$2.00/bunch © Barbara A. Freeman
Acrylic on Gessobord, 5 1/2" x 5 1/2"

My latest acrylic work, $2.00/bunch will be in the Arts Council of Snohomish County's Exhibit, Art of the Garden. There will be works of over fifty artists in this exhibit showing quite a mix of work from paintings, to glass, cement castings, sculpture, and so much more. I'm excited to be a part of this! My two friends, Janie Olsen and Eden Hopkins will also have some of their fine work in this exhibit. The show opens on Thursday, July 8, with a “Meet the Artists” reception from 5-8pm. This event is free and open to the public. The evening will be perfect for viewing local art, for and of the garden, inside and out. Hope to see you there! The gallery is located at 1507 Wall Street in downtown Everett. Gallery hours are Monday through Friday 10-5pm and on Saturday from 11-4pm. The show runs through August 19.

As to my work in progress of the forest and dragonfly, I haven't been able to post due to some life issues getting in the way. Because of dealing with these things, I missed some studio time and then when I came back to it, I ran in to some problems with the dragonfly. I decided something just didn't look the way I wanted it. My in house second opinion person, (Wayne), helped point out what he saw as a potential problem. I'm happy to say I think I've solved that problem. I'll be posting images soon. If you have been following this work in progress, thank you for your patience. As always, thanks for taking the time to read about my work.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I loooove this Barbara - quite different to what your normally do, but so lifelike - perfect!!! :)

Gail Hayton said...

This is a wonderful painting. One of my favorites!

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks Karen and Gail. Not too different, still very detailed! Not sure if I'll have time, but I would like to do a small series of food pieces. There is never enough time is there?

Unknown said...

WOW so realistic. Love it.

Glad you managed to solve your problem with the dragonfly. Look forward to the next update on this.

Autumn Leaves said...

Has Janie ever had any resolution to her painting that was stolen from her car, Barb? (Assuming I am remembering properly, that is...) This little painting looks like a scene one would see in the old fashioned grocery stores of yesteryear. Quite lovely!

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks for your comments Dors and Sherry. The reference is from one of our local farmers' markets. I love these onions, to look at, paint and especially eat! I don't consider this work a miniature as it is over the 25"square in size. However, I did paint it in the miniature style with a lot of detail and on a smooth surface.

Sherry, Janie did not get her beautiful painting back. She is sad about it and trying to let it go. It's a shame.

Autumn Leaves said...

LOL I'm sorry Barb...I had a feeling it wasn't a small piece (so don't know why I wrote 'little' in the comment. Once I had the comment block up, I couldn't go back to check the size when I typed it in so I just let it go. I am sorry to hear about the painting not being recovered. I had just hoped maybe the cops did something about it. I had a piece that I bought that was mailed that never arrived. It is just super frustrating.

Jane said...

this is a great piece!

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks Janie! :)