Monday, November 12, 2012

79th Annual International Exhibition of Fine Art in Miniature - MPSGS - Washington, D. C.

I received good news that all three of my entries were accepted in the Miniature Painters, Sculptors and Gravers Society (MPSGS) of Washington D. C. for their upcoming show in November! This is very happy news!
 
 Afghan Kitty © Barbara A. Freeman M.A.A.
Acrylic on Illustration Board  2" x 2 "

 More Salmon, Please © Barbara A. Freeman, M.A.A.
Acrylic on Illustration Board  2" x 2 "

Peek-a-Boo, © Barbara A. Freeman
Acrylic on Claybord, 3 5/8" x 3 5/8"

My three works,  Afghan KittyMore Salmon, Please and, "Peek-A-Boo" will be in the Miniature Painters, Sculptors and Gravers Society's 79th Annual International Exhibition of Fine Art in Miniature.  The show is held in The Mansion at the Strathmore, 10701 Rockville Pike, North Bethesda, MD.  They are open, Weekdays 10-4 • Wed. 10-9 • Sat. 10-3 (closed Sun. & holidays).  The Exhibition Opening is Sunday, November 18th, 2012, 2 to 4.  The show runs November 19th through December 29th 2012.  If you are in the area, this is a beautiful venue and a show not to miss.  These tiny treasures make a great holiday gift!

We have been in Indiana taking care of family things for two months, it is so wonderful to be back home!  I was  unable to create any new artwork during this trip.  However, I do have a new miniature acrylic painting in progress that I am hoping to have finished in time for the annual Miniature Masterpieces and More! show at Kaewyn Gallery in Bothell.  This year I'll have all bird paintings in the show.  I'll be posting more information on that show soon, so please check back.  As always, thanks for taking the time to read about my work and the shows I'll be participating in.

No comments: