Monday, August 3, 2009

Part Two, "Finding Time"

After being chained to the table in my studio all weekend, I finally decided to call Finding Time finished! It's been a really close call since yesterday, August 3rd was the deadline! I'm wondering though, since one of the options of submission is by email, if the deadline is by time or date? I declared the work finished by 6:30pm last evening and took it over to my web master's office (husband Wayne) for the scan. One problem, the scanner wouldn't come up!! He's recently done an upgrade for the Macs so now needed to do the same for the scanner drivers. After some minor mutters, sotto voce, he got them installed and the scanner to work. However, then he had to redo all the settings! I stayed out of his office until it got quiet. : )

Finally, after a record breaking heat wave, scanner problems, and lots and lots of graphite foliage and grass, I finally got the email with my info and jpg attachment of my work sent off around 8:30pm! Now all I have to do is hope that it's considered within the deadline. If not, well, it will be ready for the next show!

Submission for an exhibit for the Arts Council of Snohomish County, called, Of Clocks and Crows.

Finding Time, Graphite on Film, 8 1/4" x 10 1/2 "







5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it Barbara and wish you all the best in the upcoming exhibition! :)

Debra Keirce said...

Barbara...It's beautiful...ethereal. I'm not sure if I'm in Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Harry Potter's forest at Hogwart's...but I just know something is going to jump out and grab me!

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks Karen and Deb. I promise you Deb, whatever grabs you will only have the best intentions!

Unknown said...

Barbara I love it can't wait to see it in person! Janie

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks Janie. I can't wait to see yours either! Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to get our acceptance letters. : )