Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Serving Masterpieces: Art at The Sisters Restaurant - Autumn 2018


Lyussy Hyder has done it again!  Lyussy Hyder, curator for The Sisters Restaurant has put together a new group exhibit for Fall.  The show, Fantastic! features works of the imagination, including less traditional art, in a variety of media.   The show is now open at The Sisters Restaurant2804 Grand Ave in Everett, WA, and runs from September 8th to November 3rd 2018.  Thank you, Lyussy Hyder for including my work in this Fantastic!show!

My three works in the show are, The Exchange, Time Passages, and Outside In.  I think these three works are perfect for a show with a title of Fantastic! and works of the imagination. 

The Exchange  © Barbara A. Freeman
Graphite and Mixed Media on Claybord 9" x 12"

Time Passages © Barbara A. Freeman
Graphite and Mixed Media   10" x 8"

Outside In © Barbara A. Freeman
Graphite and Metal Leaf on Claybord 10" x 8"

The bad news is that this is the last show that Lyussy Hyder is curating at The Sisters Restaurant.  The good news, she is retiring from curating but will be in her studio painting as well as sharing her talents at Schack Art Center teaching!  More good news, Nikki Gardner will be taking over the curator's job at The Sisters starting in 2019.  Looking forward to seeing the shows Nikki Gardner, who is also a wonderful painter,  puts together! 

 Group Show - Fantastic!  
Serving Masterpieces : Art at The Sisters Restaurant 
2804 Grand Ave in Everett, WA (map)
9/8/18 to 11/3/18

On a personal note... I know it's been a very long time since I have been in any shows or blogged about them.  Last year, after losing my Dad and then a few months later, my Mother-law, our lives changed in many ways.  I was so happy when my Mom agreed to move out here! Wayne and I went to Florida to sell her home and prepare for the long move to Washington.  I started the process of selling her home before we even left Washington! With the assistance of our daughter, we bought a home here for her and Gina to share.  Much of that was conducted remotely from Florida!  Then we packed and shipped all she was taking from Florida, giving away or selling the rest.  Wayne drove the three of us, including Mom's two senior cats across country from Central Florida to Everett WA, including a side trip to Pennsylvania to visit family!  We arrived in Florida on April 18th and back home in Everett on June 21st!  I'm still not sure if we've recovered yet!  But I am so happy to have my Mom near!  Slowly, I will be getting caught up and working in my studio again. Wish me luck!  Until then, thank you for taking the time to read about my work.  Remember to support your local artist!

No comments: