Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fine Art in Miniature Exhibit at Fredlund Gallery, Winter Park, FL

For the first time, Fredlund Gallery in Winter Park, FL will be hosting the Miniature Artists of America Traveling Exhibition, from February 19th through March 19th, 2011. This MAA Traveling Exhibit recognizes leading contemporary miniature artists and its purpose is to broaden public understanding and appreciation of this ancient art form. The exhibit consists of 35 pieces of Miniature Art owned by the "Miniature Artists of America". Exhibit Coordinator, Wes Siegrist said, "Although the exhibit is usually displayed in museums, the quality of the Fredlund Gallery makes it an appropriate venue".

In conjunction with the traveling exhibit, the gallery will also have an additional 100 miniature artworks by 20 national artists. These fine art miniatures will be available for purchase. I am honored to have been invited to participate in this show! Of my four works, two are from my Italian landscape series, In the Country and the award winning, Sunday Afternoon, as well as my colored pencil on film work, Innocence and my silverpoint drawing, Bright-eyed and Bushy-tailed. This show was short notice and I wasn't going to participate at first because I didn't have any newer work that was appropriate for this venue. However, I emailed the gallery with the above images and told them this is what I had. They said to send it, and so I did. I know that the work in the MAA Traveling Exhibit is the TOP of the line as I saw it while I was at the MASF show! The Winter Park area is a VERY nice area and this show will be up when the Winter Park Art Festival is going on, March 18,19 and 20th. That draws a lot of art enthusiasts from all over! I hope they wander in the Fredlund Gallery and see all these treasures and have to have them for their collection!!


From top clockwise, all works © Barbara A. Freeman
Innocence Colored Pencil on Acid-free Film 2 5/8" x 3 1/2"
Bright-eyed and Bushy-tailed Silverpoint 2 7/8" x 3 7/8"
Sunday Afternoon Colored Pencil on Acid-free Paper 2 3/8" x 3 3/8"
In the Country Colored Pencil on Acid-free Paper 2 1/4" x 3 3/8

Fredlund Gallery has been in business for 23 years and is the largest fine arts gallery in Central Florida. They are located at 221 S. Knowles Avenue, in Winter Park. They are open Monday through Friday 11 to 6, Saturday 10 to 5 and Sunday 12 to 4. For more information, please call 407.622.0102. This is an exciting opportunity to see this exquisite traveling show in a fine art gallery setting along with miniature work available for purchase.

9 comments:

Mona Diane Conner said...

Barbara, thanks so much for your lovely comment, and congratulations on your opportunity with Fredlund, it sounds like a wonderful show.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Great news Barbara. It is so wonderful for miniature art work to get this kind of recognition. Congratulations.

Autumn Leaves said...

No surprise to me, Barb. Congratulations!

Wes and Rachelle Siegrist said...

Good luck Barbara with the show! The MAA exhibit only has 35 works in it - I wish it had 85!

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks for all your comments, everyone.

Thanks for letting me know the correct number, Wes. I got that directly from Fredlund's website and press release. Must be a typo!

Jane said...

Hi Barbara--this great---and remember just because something is not brand new off the easel does not make it any less wonderful--Art is to last forever :) Good Luck!!!! Janie

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks Janie! You are so correct! I think we all need to be reminded of that from time to time. :)

Unknown said...

Good for you Barbara - and don't they all look fabulous in a group like that. As always, I love that distinct aqua blue that you add to many of your paintings. I wish you so much success in this exhibition!!! :)

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks Karen! :))