Sunday, November 14, 2010

Small Works, Big Presents - Auburn WA

The City of Auburn and the White River Valley Museum have partnered to present the 3rd Annual Small Works Big Presents: The Gift of Art. This exhibition was juried by three arts professionals and I'm happy to say that two of my works, A Meditation on the Pacific Northwest, (a small work) and Chuckanut at Lunch, (a fine art miniature), will be included in the show. This exhibition and art sale celebrates the diversity of the Pacific Northwest visual art community. The purpose of the show is to offer an opportunity to purchase fine artworks at affordable prices during the holiday shopping season. The artwork will be on display from November 17th through December 19th, 2010, at the White River Valley Museum, located in the Auburn Community Campus at Les Grove Park, 918 H Street South East, Auburn WA. The preview opening and awards ceremony will take place on Tuesday, November 16th from 5 - 7 pm and is open to the public. Refreshments will be provided. I am planning on attending and hope to see you there too! My friends Janie Olsen, Storybook Studio and Sue Jackson-André, aka Clovie Boy, will both have work in the show. Do stop by to Support Your Local Artist!

4 comments:

Clovie Boy said...

I thought you might enter this little show, Barbara, and how nice of you to mention me in your post! Thank you for that.

I wasn't planning on going Tuesday, but since you are, I may reconsider. I would love to meet you!

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Hi Sue, you are welcome and I'd love to meet you too! Should be fun, not so much with the drive though.

Jane said...

Hopefully I will see both of you :) Janie-looking forward to the show!

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Hi Janie, see you on Tues!