Saturday, September 11, 2010

Work Accepted in Festival of the Arts at Mountlake Terrace

I've received notice that four of my miniatures and my larger submission in metalpoint was accepted in this year's 32nd Annual Juried Arts Show at Arts of the Terrace, Mountlake Terrace, Wa.


Sculpted by Time ©Barbara A. Freeman

Metalpoint on Prepared Paper, 8 1/2 " x 8 "

My miniature works that were juried in this show are, In Fair Condition, "Rhodie"With Bee, Bright-eyed and Bushy-tailed, and Always Illuminated. My larger work in this exhibit is, Sculpted by Time. This exhibit takes place at the Mountlake Terrace Library Complex, 23300 58th Avenue W., Mountlake Terrace, WA. There will be an Awards Reception for Sponsors, Artists and Guests, on Friday October 1, from 7 to 9 pm. The exhibit continues through Saturday, October 2nd, from 11am to 9 pm and Sunday, October 3rd, from 11am to 5 pm. Come enjoy painting, prints, calligraphy, drawings, miniatures, photography and 3-dimensional works by top local and regional artists. I look forward to another exciting venue to exhibit my work. I have several aritist friends in this show, so it's going to be a fun time with great art viewing. All work is for sale, so come on out and support your local artist!!

Miniatures
Penny is shown for scale only and does not appear in the work.


In Fair Condition © Barbara A. Freeman
Colored Pencil on Acid-free Film, 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"


Bright-eyed and Bushy-tailed © Barbara A. Freeman
Silverpoint on Prepared Art Board, 2 7/8" x3 7/8"


"Rhodie With Bee" © Barbara A. Freeman
Colored Pencil and Iridescent Acrylics on Acid-free Film,
2 3/4" x 3 3/4"

Always Illuminated ©Barbara A. Freeman
Acrylic on Art Board, 4" x 5"



5 comments:

Unknown said...

A big congratulations on your work being accepted. I love the metalpoint work.

Also the Work juried in green.
Good Luck Barbara for exhibition coming up.

Your work is so wonderful.

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thank you so much Dors. I hope to do more silverpoint in the future. I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things and visit everyones' sites soon! Sounds like you are getting settled in your new beautiful home!

Debra Keirce said...

Congratulations again Barbara! I have to say - the thing I like about ocming to your blog...You are one of the few artists I know who is successful in many media, and with a very diverse style of subject matter, style...It's all good, and all so very different.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Barbara - I remember all these artworks and love each one - I would have been pretty surprised if any of your gorgeous works were knocked back!!! :)

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Thanks Deb and Karen. : )